Sunday, July 11, 2010

I decided this week to continue with this blog. No, I am not training for a marathon, or even planning on training for one. However, this last month I joined the YMCA and have enjoyed running again as well as Zumba and kickboxing. Alas, a few of my injuries remain (in the hip area), but the Lord has blessed me with the ability to exercise with minimal pain.

Much has happened in my life since I last posted, but more than anything, I am learning to trust Jesus with my heart, which I have not always done. So many times like a selfish and scared child I grabbed it from Him, ran to a corner and curled up in a ball yelling, "No! No! You can't have it!" And in the end I am the one who bruises it because I refused to let go--like a child squeezing, quite literally, the life out of a caterpiller or lightning bug because he "loves it."

Oh, how little I know and how faithful He is. Today I am learning to trust Him.

No comments: