Wednesday, December 23, 2009

the cold and cookie run

Today I ran six miles, and made the very bad mistake of eating two chocolate chip cookies about thirty minutes before I left. Good grief. You would think I would have learned this lesson, haha. But at least the pain of my stomach kept my mind off the pain of the cold, icy rain, and wind. :)
I really want to raise money for the babies at the Real Hope for Haiti mission. Although I want to send out a letter to various individuals and organizations, perhaps now is not the best time since it's right around the time everyone feels out of money. However, I know that God provides.
So I have a request, please spread the word about this project I am undergoing.
Although some people run marathons just to run them (which is amazing), I am not sure I am that determined. But I will run for the mission, for the Zacharys, for the babies. Want to run with me?

TO LEARN ABOUT THE MISSION:
http://www.realhopeforhaiti.org/
http://www.haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Eating chocolate before running makes perfect sense to me! Yay you for sticking it out! I would have stopped and had myself another cookie...