Monday, March 1, 2010

Just some thoughts

                            Lillies of the valley are a reminder to me of the beauty and splendor of purity.


The love of God compels us...to act. to live. to breathe. to sleep well. to speak [of Him]...now.

The world compels me to freak out about finding an awesome job that people will say "Wow" with uplifted eyebrows when I tell them what I "do." 

The world compels me to make myself worthy of being in a parade--possessing beauty, charm, and a swimsuit body. 

But the Lord compels me to bow before His throne, in agony of my sin. He compels me to look at His face while tears rush down mine.

He currently compels me to see that I am not the lead character in a movie about me. I am not the heroine. I am not the one with the epic music playing in the background as I enter the room. Oh no, it is Him. Do you know Him? He is the Prince, and His name is Jesus. I am ashamed to say that I have hurt Him every day of my life, but I want to make Him deeply pleased with me. HE is the hero. I am an extra--a backup extra, even. But I will be ready, lines or not, when He calls me on the stage. I want to be ready. No messing around. 

May I not be His princess in title only, but in action.

No comments: