Sunday, March 21, 2010

My valiant Prince of Peace

Sometimes I become frantic about situations and issues in my life, and I try to take them over myself. You know what results? A mess. A major mess.

My prayer:

May my ears hear what You desire me to hear.
May my heart ache for and take delight in what You deem.
May my eyes notice and view what You want.
May my mouth speak your word.
May my inmost being yearn for You alone, the Living God.

The word "peace" is often underestimated. We see it as meaning "let's all get along," "wars are evil," or "a fuzzy feeling that makes us feel a sort of euphoria." But really, peace can come through a battle. The Lord Jesus is the Prince of Peace. When a battle is waging in my heart, and I am struck with deep sadness, the Prince may not carry me out of it right away, but He will lead me, and fight for me. Peace is not the absence of suffering, but the assurance that the Lord truly does know best, that He will be victorious, and that I am never alone.

1 comment:

barb sanders said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Keep running!
Love, MOM