Monday, December 13, 2010

I l.o.v.e Christmas

My apologies for the long absence. There is much going on and I am excited to share about it, soon.


I--ice is beautiful. Now, I don't like it on the roads, but it is so pretty, don't you think, especially in icicle form?




L--lights. Christmas lights are delightful. Sorry, I am my father's daughter and couldn't resist the pun. ; )


O--opening presents, but giving them is way more fun.


V--vanilla flavoring from Mexico that tastes like coconut to put in baked goods.


E--eating. This is a given.




C--carols. There is powerful doctrine in many of them. Really listen the next time you sing, "Oh Holy Night"


H--hustle and bustle


R--Risen. Christ is risen from the dead. This is what makes Christmas so exciting.


I--homemade icing on cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.


S--Santa. I adore the old fashioned Santa paraphernalia. No. I don't buy the whole "you can spell Satan with Santa." You can also spell 'dog' with 'God.' We are only taking the English language into account. Christmas is about Jesus, but I can still think that the legend of Santa is cute, as long as it doesn't inhibit the understand of the truth and glory of the gospel.


T--tinsel. One day I will have a vintage tree with tinsel. *heart*


M--My family. I don't even want to think about not being with them at Christmas.


A--Amy Grant's Christmas Album. best. ever. I hear it and my spirits leap. no joke, folks.


S--Smiling at strangers while shopping...


Merry Christmas, dear readers!
And happy birthday, Abbi!

4 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Yes, but WHICH Amy Grant Christmas album? Here's four-ish, at least.

Rora Valley said...

Thanks for the b'day congrats. I had a wonderful day and feel very blessed.

Merry Christmas,

Abbi

HerDaddy said...

She would be refering to "A Christmas Album". I'm guessing one reason it is dear to her is that I have been a stickler about Christmas videos and music remaining in the box until Thanksgiving has passed. That album (OK, disc (actually tape originally)) was usually first heard while we decorated the tree, so it is understandable why it has a Pavlovian effect upon her. :-)

Audrey Ann said...

Haha! Dad, you are totally right. No "Christmas in July" for this little girl, but it helped me to love Christmas all the more. :)