Thursday, August 19, 2010

Old Habits...

die hard...
 Cereal--it will be hard, but I am sending you to your grave.

...Well, then let new habits LIVE, instead! Ever since I graduated from college, I have slowly given up some of the good and healthy habits I had at school. The result? I am more tired, less athletic, about ten pounds heavier, less educated, and SO ready to get back on track. Although it is discouraging to see that I am not "where" I want to be in some ways, it is is neat to see what the Lord has taught me, the rest He's given me, and the excitement He's blessed me with about getting on with life--full of joy and determination.

So, starting today--my [edited for blog] list of new habits to be formed--

1. Run first thing in the morning. Remember the Nike symbol, and JUST DO IT. An extra thirty minutes to an hour of sleep is NOT vital.
2. Train for half marathon--I do well with deadlines and goals
3. STOP eating breads, sugars, and watch the dairy--I've done this before and was healthier--and my acne chilled out.
4. Relax about food one meal a week (on the weekend)
5. Always be reading a book--actually finish them--I currently have three going
6. Memorize scripture (MOST IMPORTANT)

These are in no particular order, but I wanted to put them out there so that I would be more apt to stick to them. I'll let you know how this new plan unfolds. There have been immense changes take place in my life the last few weeks.
The Lord is helping me to look towards the future with joy--through the pain. I am scared to push again, and be the strict and dedicated athlete, but I am excited.

P.S. "They" say it takes thirty days to form a habit. By September 18th I should have some new "old" habits established. I will let you know tomorrow how I've done on day one. : )


EDITED: I did it! One day down--twenty-nine to go.

No comments: