Monday, August 16, 2010

One Day at a Time

Isn't it such a blessing that the Lord only gives us one day to live at a time? Sometimes I scare myself thinking about carrying a certain pain or burden for months or even years. But I just need to trust God and praise Him TODAY.

So today, I will look at those birds in the air and those wildflowers along the road. They do not worry about tomorrow--so why should I?

At the end of high emotions and long analyses, I must come to the steadfast conclusion that HE IS GOD and He does indeed love me in a huge way--even if I question it.

Oh, Lord, I will praise You!

You give and take away, and my heart will choose to say, "Blessed be the name of the Lord."

Today--I will praise you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Audrey Ann!

I love this post. I think so many of us struggle with worrying about tomorrow, but the truth is if we're worrying we're not really trusting in God. I've been struggling with this lately too. The other day I found this verse that really helped me through and when I read this it reminded me of it. So I just wanted to share. :)

Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.