Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lessons from the Crack House

  • Never try to help fat people out by giving them less biscuits or cornbread. They will always ask for more. always. The only good thing about that is getting a few steps more of exercise in an attempt to not look like them yourself one day.

  •  My two best weapons on the waitressing war path are:
1. a big smile
2. a sweet tone of voice

  • Compliment womens' purses or shoes--it's a way to connect with them beyond the food you are serving them.

  • NEVER give too much personal information [creepy story I don't wish to relive inserted here]

  • Offer large families with small children their bread first--they will love you forever.

  • Sometimes you just have to act WAY--I mean WAY--more sorry than you actually are. (Example: "Oh, sir I am SO sorry that there wasn't enough extra white gravy on your country fried steak that came with a double order of mashed potatoes and hashbrown casserole along with biscuits, extra butter and jelly. Really--I am so sorry.")

  • People really do believe that they can eat whatever they want...but as long as they are guzzling Diet Coke, they are on a serious diet.
My job makes me laugh. : )

2 comments:

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

Yes, big families always prefer the bread to come out first. Maybe the second they sit down... :-) Very wise.

Millie said...

Hahaha! I laughed out loud and I identify with all of the above. Someone ordered a grilled chicken wrap, with no fries because she was on a diet, but then also ordered an extra side of ranch dressing to dip it in. (Everyone in the south is obsessed with ranch dressing.) Maybe you should try a southern accent on people. It's an immediate charmer for most. ;-)