Friday, October 8, 2010

A Disney Princess Band-Aid

Pain.

In the attempt to show others that God is at work in my life, I have been guilty of suppressing pain, "pretending" it away. But I am learning that doing so does not show faith in God to heal me and use my scars for His glory and renown.

Instead of hiding myself away, I want to receive what the Lord has for me. It hurts when people ask me detailed questions--I am not always ready or willing, and that's okay. But instead of being a hermit, letting my wound bleed, and feeling sorry for myself, I purpose to allow God's healing touch in my life.

It's like a Disney Princess Band-Aid.




When I was a little girl, I, like many other children, LOVED wearing Band-Aids. Usually we had the cheap tan kind, but every once in an orange moon (who has actually seen a blue moon?) we would have the fun kind.
When it comes to wearing a Band-Aid, I am not advertising nor hiding my wound from them. It's no gigantic secret, but the intensity of pain and the depth of the cut can be kept quiet before the Lord.
I want Him to make beauty from my pain. May I wear His healing like a lady. Even a deep and nasty gash can be healed with the help of a pretty, pink Band-aid.
Okay, perhaps this is a very weird word picture, but there it is.

Oh, Lord, lead me.
"But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself."
Psalm 49:15

No comments: