Thursday, February 17, 2011

Speak Life (a shout-out)

"The tongue has the power of life and death, 
and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Words. We sling them; we toss them; we give them; we abuse them. So many words we say and do not first think, but there are some people who use them in such a way that truly does give life.

Many people have encouraged me while I've been on Guam, but particularly this lady, Miss Nina (here she is with two of her daughters):


Miss Nina has sent me notes of encouragement, as well as just looked me in the eyes and told me how happy she is that I am teaching in the school. I have the privilege of teaching one of her daughters who is not pictured. On the days when I feel exhausted or far from the "old and comfortable reality," her words truly do bring life to my body and spirit. She cares about me and believes in me, and that gives me the courage to keep going. Thank you so much, Miss Nina. You are a great example of a godly woman and a giver of life through your words.

2 comments:

Millie said...

I'm so glad you have encouragers and cheerleaders there. :-) Thank you God, for taking care of this sweet girl!

Unknown said...

“Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.” - 1 John 4:11-12

I am happy to remind you of the Love & Care our Heavenly Father has for us because He's blessed us by having you here. It is actually you who encourages me every time I see you.