Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life's arms are full of lovelies

Last Saturday after my run...I got to look at this.


and this.



Who knew there was a Statue of Liberty on Guam?

                                             At our last apartment, we had a mama pigeon...

 and BABIES!!! (but they died...) :(




Valentine's day! Dad, the kids loved the tootsie pops. 


So. much. SUGAR. yippee!!!!


 Let the craziness begin! Sticky hands + a sugar high = lots of fun!





 
Lunch after church with our Korean sisters in Christ--these ladies love Jesus so much! This was my first experience in a Korean church setting. English speakers listened to a translation of the message through headphones. The lady on the right was the translator.



There isn't anything much better than unexpected flowers, right? Abby and I were surprised with these lovely daisies from a lady we helped the week before. How sweet of her!

Here we are at Chamorro Village giving our best "Japanese tourist" pose.





 Shish kabobs. oh yum.

Even though I was once a tomboy...
my love for reptiles has never gone past frogs and MAYBE very small geckos.
Holding this iguana was out. of. my. comfort. zone. Haha!


Abby and her brother John with some fancy food he brought for us to sample

 And I'll show you these (once again), because they're my favorite:



 "Commit your way to the LORD;
   trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
   your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD
   and wait patiently for him;" Psalm 37:5-7



5 comments:

Dad said...

Great pictures-Thanks. I did not know that Lady Liberty had a sister on Guam.

Barb Sanders said...

Great photography!!! Love these pics, and I love you.

Rora Valley said...

The water is so pretty! Love the pix of you and the iguana. ;-)

Great update. Resting In Him,

Abbi

Millie said...

Beautiful, beautiful!

Anonymous said...

<3 you, beautiful! :)