Friday, March 11, 2011

Excitement

P.I.C.A. volleyball team--I love these girls!
  • Have I told you that I love my new job? Well, I do. The school in which I teach has an individualized learning emphasis, so much of my teaching is one-on-one tutoring. It's so cool to walk around the room, one moment I'm working through an algebra problem, then I'm teaching about the orbit of the earth around the sun, and then I'm explaining the Bible memory section to a student who has no background in the Word.
  • We had our first volleyball scrimmage yesterday---and we WON! All those practices paid off. : ) I was so proud of my girls, and especially proud because they worked together. Our school came out and cheered us on (the Kindergarteners SCREAMED us on). haha!
  • A situation arose at school that shook the peace, for sure. Jesus, we need your presence.
  • There are difficult days here, but I absolutely love it and know that I'm to be here right now. My heart is full with love.
  • The tsunami rattled everyone. Please pray for those in Japan and others who were hurt.
  • Late last night there was a knock at the door. Abby and I ran to answer (it was her brother) and a few minutes later walked back to a strange smell. Opened the door and FLAMES were right next to our bed! Our huge, lovely painting we splurged on together was being eaten by our candle. The picture had fallen off of its perch onto the nightstand. Sad. day. But at least nothing else was damaged. Our poor painting. Sigh. I will try to fix it.
The day in a nutshell:
math, science, screaming, a major fight, volleyball game, tsunami, Abby out during the tsunami warning, FIRE in our room, a rap about me (written by one of the students, ha), a wonderful talk with my sister Abby. It was quite the day.
A day on Guam in the life of a missionary...always interesting, for sure.
 : ) And the truth is: I love it.

2 comments:

Millie said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry for your painting, and so glad nothing else was damaged! And congrats on the win!

Barbara Sanders said...

And the truth is, I love you and am so proud of you.

See all those math lessons (dive cds) are paying off. I told you that you might actually use algebra someday. Ha Ha.

Honestly, I love hearing how God is using you for His glory.