Saturday, January 16, 2010

The adventures of AA and an overzealous black lab

Today's Findings.
--Another mutilated mouse. yick.

The most interesting findings today were discovered by my running buddy, John Deere, the black dog who follows me. He found...

--A poopy diaper thoughtfully placed in a ziplock bag--JD pranced up to me, so proud of his treasure, but instead of feeling pride in return, I replied, "Oh my goodness, get that thing away from me!"

--A big, golden, dead chicken. no joke. Towards the end of my run I was slowing down, and I looked behind me because JD usually stays ahead of me, but I had not seen him for a bit. He was carrying something quite large and brown...like a giant piece of wood. But no, it was a hen. I don't think he killed it, but you never know. As I was turning right onto another road, JD kept going straight, stopped in the dead center of the road, and gently set down the chicken...and he left it there! Ahahahaha! Oh, that dog is a gift from God. : ) Thank you, Lord. Perhaps someone will find the chicken and make some soup. Hey, you never know.

Please continue to pray for Haiti. There are so many wounded, dead, and missing. We have no idea what they are going through.

No comments: