Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Earthquake

PLEASE PRAY.

        Thank the Lord that the Zacharys, the Moises, and Betors (the missionaries at RHFH) are safe. Their walls are cracked, and some of their nannies have lost their homes. But in Port au Prince it is a different story, as you can read about, or even see on television. I have missionary friends there who are safe, but need the Lord's divine touch to get through what is ahead of them, and even to process what is behind them. This is my prayer:

Dear Jesus,

     You know the "whys" even when I do not. You see all the cries, screams, blood, and chaos in Haiti. Shower that land and its people with your presence. Be strongly with the missionaries. Please provide abundant food and water, especially now that the main grocery store is gone. This I pray. Hush the fears of the little ones. Comfort them, please. Oh God, please take this country, and don't let satan touch it. We know you are holy and perfect. And even though I don't understand why you allowed this to happen, I know you love those people so much. Please build Haiti back up as a strong nation that follows you. Help we who are not in Haiti to know what to do during this time. I love you, Jesus. Please help me to rest in knowing that You are God, and I am not. Silence my heart. But I DO cry out for these people! Be with them, Father! Please!

No comments: