Monday, January 4, 2010

Never Run Alone

Running is so much easier when you have a friend beside you. Whether it's the friendly black lab, my dad, or Mrs. R down the road who helps coach the high school ladies' cross country, the wind and frigid weather turn out not so bad after all. I think that's the way the Lord made us. Many times I strain towards a goal by myself--but find that it's always easier to get up in the morning if you know a face you love will soon be there to greet you.
Sometimes, however, I know the Lord does lead us through tunnels of loneliness and across bridges in our lives that shake us and push us to grip the side of the bridge and yell, "HELP, GOD! I can't do this anymore." But He is there. When I'm running with or without a running buddy, He is there. I am sure. Sometimes when I run, I just want to flop onto the ground and curl up in a ball--just quit. But He urges me on--and sometimes I can feel Him in pace right next to me. Neighbors probably think I'm crazy--but I open my arms wide, throw back my head as the theme song from "Chariots of Fire" plays in my head. Okay, so maybe I am a little crazy. But of this I am sure--He's with me. : )

No comments: